How are such faculty and administrators who think themselves so “progressive” in advance of the foundational pillars of the organized SDA Church on such basic fundamental issues going to be remotely capable of “bringing our young people home at the end of the day?”,2 as Elder Paulsen put it, if they don’t really believe in or see evidence for the home message to begin with? Ultimately, is there to be no real accountability to the organized SDA Church for what is presented as “truth” from either pulpit or classroom? – by paid representatives supported by God’s own monies in the forms of tithes and offerings?
The viability of the SDA Church, as an organization, and the developing minds of a generation of SDA young people, is largely in your hands. Who knows whether you have not attained to your positions of great responsibility for such a time as this?
1. EdTruth. Yes, They Should Resign. EducateTruth.com. [Online] 2009. [Cited: December 21, 2009.] http://www.educatetruth.com/news/jan-paulsen-says-yes-they-should-resign/.
2. Paulsen, Jan. An Appeal. Adventist News Network. [Online] 2009. [Cited: December 21, 2009.] http://news.adventist.org/statements/an-appeal.html.
3. GC, SDA, Executive Committee. Response to an Affirmation of Creation. Adventist.org. [Online] October 13, 2004. [Cited: December 21, 2009.] http://www.adventist.org/beliefs/statements/main_stat55.html.
4. Greer, Lee. BIOL 111: Genomes and their Evolution. EducateTruth.com. [Online] December 11, 2009. [Cited: December 21, 2009.] http://www.educatetruth.com/presentations/biol-111-genomes-and-their-evolution/.
5. EdTruth. La Sierra Evidence. EducateTruth.com. [Online] 2009. [Cited: December 21, 2009.] http://www.educatetruth.com/category/la-sierra-evidence/page/3/.
6. Stripling, Jack. Creating Controversy. Inside Higher Education. [Online] September 21, 2009. [Cited: December 21, 2009.] http://www.insidehighered.com/news/2009/09/01/evolution?utm_source=MailingList&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Big+News.
7. LSU, Board. Final Board Draft Statement. Scribd. [Online] November 2009. [Cited: December 21, 2009.] http://www.scribd.com/doc/22530002/Final-Board-Draft-Statement11-09.
8. LSU, Board. Resolution Regarding a Scientifically Rigorous Affirmation of Seventh-day Adventist Beliefs. Scribd. [Online] November 2009. [Cited: December 21, 2009.] http://www.scribd.com/doc/22530019/Resolution-Regarding-a-Scientifically-Rigorous-Affirmation-of-Seventh-day-Adventist-Beliefs.
9. Dwyer, Bonnie. In the Eye of the Storm. 4, s.l. : Spectrum, 2009, Vol. 37.
10. Hayward, James. The Many Faces of Adventist Creationism: ’80-’95. L. 3, s.l. : Spectrum, March 1996, Vol. 25, pp. 16-34. http://www.spectrummagazine.org/files/archive/archive21-25/25-3hayward.pdf.
11. LSUweb. Student Perspective – Biology Student Testimonial. LaSierra.edu. [Online] November 2009. [Cited: December 21, 2009.] http://www.lasierra.edu/index.php?id=1213#c1764.
12. Loughborough, JN. Testimonies for the Church. No. 32, p. 30.
13. Loughborough, JN. Testimonies for the Church. p. 650. Vol. 1.
14. White, Ellen G. Counsels to Writers and Editors. p. 35.
15. Nichol, Francis D. SDA Bible Commentary, 7 vols. plus supplement. Washington, D.C. : Review and Herald Publishing Association, 1970. p. 1083. Vol. 6.
16. White, Ellen. G. Silver Spring, MD : Ellen G. White Estate, 1888.
17. â€”. Spiritual Gifts, 4 vols. Battle Creek, MI : Seventh-day Adventist Publishing Association, 1858, 1860, 1864. pp. 90-93. Vol. 3.
18. â€”. Testimonies for the Church. p. 207. Vol. 1.