By Educate Truth Staff
Along with the statement a document was released, accusing Batchelor of the following:
1. A misuse and distortion of Scripture in a variety of ways
2. Not using the best Adventist scholarship
3. Not speaking for the Church
4. Not representing the position or practice of the Seventh-day Adventist Church.
Because of these, the SECC said the following should take place:
1. Church leadership needs to hold them accountable.
2. Official church entities need to go on record disavowing the distorted content of such presentations.
3. Media outlets that are controlled by the church and carry such presentations need to recruit credible voices to offer appropriate, biblically sound responses that show the church’s true position.
It’s amazing the SECC is taking such a strong and public stand for this issue, yet has remained silent about La Sierra promotion of the theory of evolution as the truth. How can the SECC decide to take such sudden and dramatic action over this particular issue, but say absolutely nothing regarding La Sierra, despite it being an entire year since the controversy became public?
How hypocritical can an organization get? Why doesn’t the SECC also demand such action from the church against LSU professors and administrators who are actually attacking fundamental SDA doctrine? Why not demand that the Church leadership hold them accountable as well? Is this not a complete double standard for the SECC?